Hydrangeas

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Summer in Maryville, TN 2012



2406 Old Knoxville Pike
Maryville, TN 37804
Petunia Pot

 Hydrangea, replaced the wild and crazy rose at the front corner of the house.
 The Veggie Bed is sitting behind the Pretty Flowers bed.
 Pretty Flowers Bed
Since it's been 3 months that I last visited my blog, or posted anything on it, there is a lot of catching up to do. Today we live in Maryville, TN. We closed on our home on Valentine's day. I really believed that somehow there would be a new foster family for those puppies. Mom was adopted in two days after returning to Young Williams, but the puppies remained with us. They were to stay with us until our friend had room for them in her own place. That never quite materialized and we have grown quite attached to them. The blonde one is named Blondie. The black one we call Clyd, rhymes with Sid. It was originally Bonnie and Clyde, but we always butcher names until they come out just a little more original than they started. I'll upload pictures of the babies at the end of this post. Our new home has a great yard for the dogs, and so far I've created two beds for vegetables and flowers. There are many birds who live in the trees around our home. There are blue jays, robbins, finches, black birds, mourning doves, a hawk, and a host of others that I couldn't name if I wanted to.
Casey Anthony and pups when we first got them. They were about two weeks old. I say that they were born on August 1, 2011. Now it's June 2012. They're 10 months old now.

Clyd (rhymes with Sid), is being a momma's boy.
 Blondie is tired after a day of running around at the farm.

Erika has introduced me to Walter. He's her five year old off the track thoroughbred. I am totally falling in love with him. He's such a sweety on the ground, and when I ride him, he keeps me awake. He's fun without being crazy. He's exciting without being dangerous. Perfect actually.

 Brendan is working with his friend Tommy and making furniture on the side. It's pretty amazing what he can create from his mind's eye. I've just started to enjoy my summer break. I'm looking for some work so that I can bring some more cash into the household. We have a lot on our plate right now. We have the house in Asheville on the market and we're really hoping that the sale goes through. We've hit quite a few snags, and that's a shame. It's June 2nd and I believe the temperatures are in the 70s with a breeze and blue clear skies. I don't think that this day could have been anymore wonderful. I've ridden, gardened, and now I think I'll take a moment to relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment